Rainbow-Land Pre Primary
WELCOME TO RAINBOW LAND
Rainbow-Land Pre-Primary was established in November of 1996. Vanessa Robson the owner comes from a family of school owners, and was brought up in the school industry. Vanessa owned a school in Durban for 6 years, before moving to Cape Town to start Rainbow-Land in 1996.
Her passion in Early Childhood Development has been recognized by the Education Department, and her years’ service in education to the Blouberg and Table View community, has set a president for the success of the school over the past 21 years.
As the school numbers grew, so Rainbow-Land needed to obtain the space to accommodate those growing numbers. Over the years we have developed into Porterfield Road, purchasing the house and open land. The school in Porterfield Road is home to our two Grade R, and Aftercare children in the afternoon.
The land is under development, and should be completed in 2018.
What we offer
WHAT WE OFFER
OUR CENTRE OFFERS THE FOLLOWING
- Full Day Care from 3 months to Grade R.
- Aftercare from Grade 1 to Grade 6.
- Registered with the Education Department.
- No half day rates available.
- Aftercare from Blouberg Ridge Primary and Sunningdale Primary.
- Daily Extra-Mural Activities paid by the parents.
- Qualified Educators, trained in First Aid.
- Secure, well-groomed playgrounds, all surrounded by camera security
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily – Snacks to be provided by the parents.
- Continuous Evaluations throughout the year.
- Parent Interviews are held in June.
- Christmas Concert and Graduation Ceremony in December.
- Progress Reports in June and December.
Registered Pre-Primary Facility
Rainbow-Land is a registered Pre-Primary facility that follows a specific educational program based on the accredited CAPS curriculum developed by the Education Department. The children take part in a structured and very routine based program, and are encouraged to develop to their full potential.
Teachers are qualified for the class they teach, and are each aided daily by their own assistant allocated to that class. The children’s progress is monitored accordingly to the requirements set by the Education Department, therefore it is vitally important that parents heed to the teacher’s advice. This may be a simple routine adjustment or extra educational games to be played at home. We could also recommend professional advice to parents i.e. Speech Therapy or Occupational Therapy.
DAILY AND WEEKLY EVENTS
All activities are based upon a theme. The children will bring home activities that represent these subjects.
For creative expression and to manipulate the fine motor muscles.
Music / Movement / Drama
Art – for creative expression and to manipulate the fine motor muscles.
Click-a-mouse, Monkeynastix, Karate, Ballet, Playball, Beaux-art, Drama, Xperi-Buddies and Manners 4 Minors. (Fees are payable directly to them per term).
each mother has a turn to bake or supply “goodies” for the class on a Friday. Children are required to bring R5-00 every Friday to purchase their treat.
The money will go towards the upgrading of our educational equipment.