Rainbow-Land Pre Primary
WELCOME TO RAINBOW-LAND
Rainbow-Land Pre-Primary was established in November of 1996. Vanessa Robson the owner comes from a family of school owners, and was brought up in the school industry. Vanessa owned a school in Durban for 6 years, before moving to Cape Town to start Rainbow-Land in 1996.
Her passion in Early Childhood Development has been recognized by the Education Department, and her years’ service in education to the Blouberg and Table View community, has set a president for the success of the school over the past 21 years.
As the school numbers grew, so Rainbow-Land needed to obtain the space to accommodate those growing numbers. Over the years we have developed into Porterfield Road, purchasing the house and open land. The school in Porterfield Road is home to our two Grade R classes, and Aftercare children in the afternoon.
The land has been under grooming for a couple of months having brand new grass fitted, as well as a well point system, which will feed the grass water when needed. The land has been made available to the whole school to utilise as extra playing space. The best place to be in summer!
We love walk-ins, so please feel free to pop in and view our facilities if interested in registering.
What we offer
OUR CENTRE OFFERS THE FOLLOWING
- Full Day Care from 3 months to Grade R.
- Aftercare for Primary school children, from Grade 1 to Grade 7.
- We are registered with the Education Department, Social Services and Grassroots.
- Unfortunately no half day rates available.
- Aftercare provided for all Pre Primary schools in the area. But transport only avaiable for Bloubergridge and Sunningdale Primary.
- Daily Extra-Mural Activities available, but at parents cost.
- Qualified Educators, trained in First Aid.
- Secure, well-groomed playgrounds, all surrounded by camera security
- Breakfast and lunch provided daily – Snacks to be provided by the parents.
- Continuous Evaluations throughout the year.
- Parent Interviews are held annually in June.
- Christmas Concert and Graduation Ceremony in November/December (Date permitting).
- Progress Reports in June and December.
WE ARE A Registered Pre-Primary Facility
Rainbow-Land is a registered Pre-Primary school that follows a specific educational program based on the accredited CAPS curriculum developed by the Education Department. The children take part in a structured and very routine-based program, and are encouraged to develop to their full potential.
Teachers are qualified for the class they teach, and are each aided daily by their own assistant allocated to that class. The children’s progress is monitored accordingly to the requirements set by the Education Department, therefore it is vitally important that parents heed to the teacher’s advice. This may be a simple routine adjustments or extra educational games to be played at home. Parents will also have access to professionals, such as Speech Therapists and Occupational Therapists, who work closely with the school. This can be arranged upon request.